Re: RMAN duplicate can't find backup piece with ORA-15012

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Leyi Zhang \(Kamus\)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 07:18:26 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, Kamus. Yes, the auxiliary davidh instance is missing from ASM's
v$asm_client. Our testing (semi-prod) instances oracs11/12 of the 2-node
RAC are the only ASM clients.

$ . oraenv
ORACLE_SID = [oracs12] ? +ASM2
$ sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL> select DB_NAME,INSTANCE_NAME,STATUS from V$ASM_CLIENT;

DB_NAME
------------------------
INSTANCE_NAME
---------------------------------
STATUS
-----------------------
oracs1
oracs12
CONNECTED

oracs1
oracs12
CONNECTED

$ . oraenv
ORACLE_SID = [+ASM2] ? davidh
$ sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL> select GROUP_NUMBER,NAME,STATE from v$asm_diskgroup;

GROUP_NUMBER NAME
------------ -----------------
STATE
---------------------------------
           1 DATA
MOUNTED

           2 FRA
MOUNTED

So how do I make davidh a client of the ASM instance? I already modified
the listener (run from ASM's Oracle_Home) config file and reloaded
listener so the davidh services are shown (I changed the domain name below):

$ lsnrctl service | grep davidh #run with oraenv set to +ASM2
Service "davidh" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "davidh", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Service "davidh.example.com" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "davidh", status BLOCKED, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Service "davidh_XPT.example.com" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "davidh", status BLOCKED, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

Here's the old note I'm following:
http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/RmanCreateHistoricalSubsetData.txt
I don't see anything I do differently than I did before on another
server.

Yong Huang