RE: RMAN catalog question

  • From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:49:41 +0000

Hello,

So one thing that I just noticed while looking into this.  The RMAN catalog
schema(tables/procedures/etc) seems to get created based on the version of the
target that executed the "create catalog" command, and not the version of the
database that is hosting the catalog.

I checked this by comparing the schemas that were created by different versions
of oracle. If it was dependent on the version of oracle that hosted the
catalogs, they would all be the same.  Ours differ by the version of oracle
that was used when executing the "create catalog" command.

Thanks