Re: RMAN backup and get bad block error messages?

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:55:19 -0400

Answer to #1, is hot/cold backup don't care, they don't do block checking
where as RMAN will.

As to how to fix it, well since it kinda sorta looks like the system
tablespace, my first thing would be to call support.   I can't quite tell
if it is or not.

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>
07/30/2009 08:12 AM
RMAN backup and get bad block error messages?
Sent by:

we have ORACLE 11G on LINUX server. We just created a new EBS system and
perform the database backup. When I do "cold backup" and "hot backup",
there is NO error. While I perform RMAN backup and I got error messages:

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ORA_DISK_1 channel at 07/29/2009
ORA-19566: exceeded limit of 0 corrupt blocks for file

Alter.log also have messages:
Hex dump of (file 352, block 165656) in trace file
Corrupt block relative dba: 0x58028718 (file 352, block 165656)
Completely zero block found during backing up datafile
Reread of blocknum=165656,
file=/u/EBS/EBSDB01/db/apps_st/data/system04.dbf. found same corrupt data

My question are:

1. Why "cold backup" and "hot backup" Not complain, but RMAN complain?

2. how to fix this bad block without lost data?