RMAN and Netbackup....

  • From: "Chris Grabowy" <cgrabowy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:10:11 -0400

Today RMAN sends its backups and archive log files to disk and then
Netbackup backs up the database backup directories.  I linked Netbackup with
Oracle and I did some simple backup and restores using RMAN with Netbackup.
Everything seems to be working.  I have been reviewing the Netbackup 7.5 for
Oracle Admin Guide.

About one third of our databases are still on 10.2.0.4 but being upgraded to
11.2.0.3 soon.  We are currently hosted on HPUX and glacially being migrated
to RHEL.

I was wondering if anyone has any words of advice, pointers, links, gotchas
when switching RMAN to use Netbackups.

TIA!!

Chris