RE: RMAN Tape Media Volume Identification

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jim.silverman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 16:00:41 -0400

Jim,

I don't think you will find the specific tape volume information in the
Rman repository.  This is managed by the Media Management software.

But I've had luck spinning better reports using the Rc_Database,
Rc_Backup_Set and Rc_Backup_Piece views.

I agree that Rman reporting is quite lame.  But luckily, they have
developed a few views to help us along.

Good Luck,

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.