Re: RMAN Duplication for Migration and Archived Logs

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:32:14 -0400

Any more or less important migration should be tested first.
Unavailability of the test environment is a bad argument - you get
what you pay for. So one of the best advices would be, obviously -
test it first.

I had no problem with restoring 32 to 64 and 64 to 32 bit (10.2). One
member of the list mentioned that he encountered problems with 64->32
bit restore/recovery so testing is a must.

On 8/2/07, Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apparently when I moved from 32-bit to 64-bit, I was given bad advice.  I
> was told that you couldn't apply 32-bit archived redo to a 64-bit database.
> Was this really bad advice?  I need to do this migration again and would
> like a cleaner method than the last time I did this.

Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
BAAG party -