RE: RBS not using

  • From: "Dan Fink" <Dan.Fink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: onkarnath.tiwary@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:24:10 -0500

Onkar,

When a session needs to build a read consistent version of the data, it will
read undo from the rollback/undo segments where the undo resides. If
Transaction A was assigned to RBS02, then the undo for TxA will be written to
RBS02. You start Transaction B and tell it to write the undo to RBS01. If TxB
(your transaction) needs to create a read consistent version of data that TxA
has modified, it will need to read the undo in RBS02.

You should read "Cats, Dogs and ORA-01555s" by Tim Gorman at www.evdbt.com.

Regards,
Dan Fink