Re: RBS not using

Yes, another example of terminology overloading!

Oracle often has to come up with new terms to describe concepts that
are similar to existing ones, or change those (such as snapshot ->
materialized view) that are confusing.  My current favorite (related
to flashback query) is "decorate":

With the AS OF SQL clause, you can choose different snapshots for each
table in the query. Associating a snapshot with a table is known as
table decoration. If you do not decorate a table with a snapshot, then
a default snapshot is used for it. All tables without a specified
snapshot get the same default snapshot.

For example, suppose you want to write a query to find all the new
customer accounts created in the past hour. You could do set
operations on two instances of the same table decorated with different
AS OF clauses.

--=20
Paul Baumgartel
paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxx