Re: RAC and ASM disk layout

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:12:54 +0200

Niall,
both bugs referred to in this notes are fixed in 10.2.0.2 and they do not
seem to lead to data loss or corruption (they resemble a lot what Alex
refers to in his blog note about ASM).

rgds

On 6/12/06, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/12/06, Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > For sure, if ASM screws up, it's more dangerous than CBO screwing up, > but It seems to be a fairly stable piece of code, and there are not that > many bugs in it. > If anybody has a problem with what it does (e.g. failure groups) you may > (or NOT) use that feature, or not use ASM at all. > Reading the emails on this thread, one thinks that ASM is a very > dangerous option, that you're not supposed to use (or use at your risk). I > think the picture is not that bad. >

I don't think anyone said not to use it, not even kevin!

Take a look at Note *353065.1 *for example as well.