Re: RAC and ASM disk layout

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:04:08 +0100

On 6/12/06, Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For sure, if ASM screws up, it's more dangerous than CBO screwing up, but It seems to be a fairly stable piece of code, and there are not that many bugs in it. If anybody has a problem with what it does (e.g. failure groups) you may (or NOT) use that feature, or not use ASM at all. Reading the emails on this thread, one thinks that ASM is a very dangerous option, that you're not supposed to use (or use at your risk). I think the picture is not that bad.

I don't think anyone said not to use it, not even kevin!

Take a look at Note *353065.1 *for example as well.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA