RE: RAC and ASM - Standard vs. Enterprise Edition install process ?

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dan Norris" <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:19:52 -0500

Well, the blog I found just advised installing SE in a new Oracle home,
creating a new instance, and then exp/imp to migrate data.  That's not
really any different that what I plan to do,  but might reduce the
downtime.  There is some additional info on transportable tablespaces-
you can move them from EE to SE, but not from SE to EE.

http://oracledbasupport.co.uk/2008/03/12/steps-to-convert-enterprise-edi
tion-to-standard-downgrade/