RE: RAC and ASM - Standard vs. Enterprise Edition install process ?

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:49:01 -0500

The app will run fine on SE- in fact most apps we deal with never know
the difference.  From what I can tell, the main differences in SE vs EE
are-

EE has parallel query, SE does not
EE has table partitioning, SE does not
EE supports more processors, SE is limited (at least for licensing
issues)
EE supports Dataguard

So unless I have a routine that tries to partition a table, or a sql
with a hint of parallel 8, I don't anticipate any issues.