Re: RAC and ASM - Standard vs. Enterprise Edition install process ?

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:36:20 -0600

AFAIK, the licensing restrictions in SE are just that--licensing
restrictions. I'm not sure about CPU count, but I do know that building RAC
with SE doesn't technically require ASM, just that the license does. I tend
to believe that the CPU restrictions are just paper restrictions and won't
really be technical limits, but I'm not positive.

Dan