RE: [Q] ORACLE designer question

  • From: "Bill Coulam" <bill.coulam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:04:39 -0600

If you are installing the Repository on an Oracle database on the same
machine, then No. But if it's just the Oracle Developer suite (Designer,
Reports, Forms, etc.), then yes, 1GB of RAM is plenty. I sometimes see
Designer get up to 600MB when reverse engineering large schemas.

You might try these pages as well for further help and info.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/designer/index.html
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jsp?forum=80

We just installed recently as well, bypassing 6i and going straight to 10g
(9.0.4.5), which runs on 9i and manages models for 8i and 9i databases.

You may take great interest in where Oracle is (not) headed with Designer:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/10g/ToolsSOD.pdf

- bill c.