Re: Privileges by session

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:47:33 -0800

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Blanchard, William <
wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Greetings,
>
> I have convinced management to allow me to grant read-only access to the
> developers.  The problem is that they know the application passwords and
> have been using those passwords to circumvent my controls.  Is there a way
> via a

Is there some reason the obvious solution wont' work?

That is, change the passwords.

It would seem the applications in question are not subject to SarbanesOxley,
HIPAA, PCI or any number of other legislated security policies.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com