Re: Privileges by session

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:15:33 -0800 (PST)

OK, maybe I'm just evil, but I've gone through this at the last company I was
lead DBA at.  I was hired with the intention of having me lock down the
environment, (they didn't break that to me until a couple weeks in, to be
honest...:))
I actually started auditing the databases with my own scripts, tracking the
osuser/vs. logins and started to report them, along with the risks.  It's not
fun and you aren't most people's favorite person, but most developers actually
started to appreciate it by the end of my tenure there.

Not sure if it will work, but you may want to look into different authid
http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ora/plsql/authid.html

I have always used them with specific user logins, but you may be able to pull
the rights right out from under them at the session level this way, too!

Good luck,

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."