Re: PowerVM Live Partition Mobility

  • From: Stefan Koehler <contact@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:02:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi Cheng,
yes, some of my clients are using IBM Power VM Live Partition Mobility in test,
quality and production for their Oracle databases and applications.
Licensing conditions are pretty clear in case of IBM Power VM Live Partition
Mobility.

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/partitioning-070609.pdf

"IBM Power VM Live Partition Mobility is not an approved hard partitioning
technology. All cores on both the source and destination servers in an
environment using IBM Power VM Live Partition Mobility must be licensed."

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Oracle performance consultant and researcher
Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: @OracleSK