RE: Port for emagent.exe

  • From: "Jiang, Lu" <Lu.Jiang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, bgblanch@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:11:51 -0400

Thanks Nial. The port in port.ini is the default one 3872. I know it
sounds weird, but the network tool showed that emagent.exe was using
10000.

I did a test and would also be our current temporary solution. Stopped
em agent, then Backup exec service was able to start with port 10000.
Then started em agent again, it started with a different port.  Could
you let me know what diagnosis utility could be used for this? The EM
agent client is 10.2.0.4 and the target database is 9.2.0.6.

Thanks,

Lu