Re: Please help me get RMAN going with Tivoli

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:48:37 -0600

There is a good redbook "Backing up Oracle using Tivoli Storage Management" (SG24-6249) which covers all the steps in detail. It's a bit dated, written for rman 8i and probably also for some prior release of Tivoli, but in the TDPO interface between rman and tivoli nothing as really changed.

Peter.Hitchman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
I have just been through some of this, actually the docs are not good. In particular the need for the "dsmi_dir /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin" entry in the <DB_NAME>.tdpo.opt file is no where in the docs, but it is buried in a readme file. Unfortunately I and those working on this were all tsm newbies so this stumped us for about a week!
Regards

-- Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation