Re: Partitioning best practices

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:44:00 -0400

What's the query timing difference if the indexes aren't defined as parallel?
I haven't noticed much of a difference in timings on queries not using the partition key with non-parallel local bitmap indices . More of a problem in the loading. But since the load is given the priority the indexes are remaining parallel. I've made the argument that the load might be slower with non-parallel indexes but overall throughput would be higher. The way the load is done I can't use partition exchange, involves multiple deletes and inserts.