Re: Partitioning best practices

Boss,

FWIW, Doug Burns had written an excellent article on PQ - you will
find it in the archives in the Q3 2005 issue.

Followup question for you JL in re parallelism: we're having a
hell of a time deciding how to use parallelsm in regular operations.
When we have it turned on, any query immediately pops up 8 parallel
engines and completely hogs all the CPU and i/o channels to the data,
effectively serializing database access and killing overall performance.
Is the only way to really figure out what the best solution is
to just do trial and error with degrees and options til you find
a workable solution?  Or do you even use parallel server outside
of loading?
--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional