RE: PSUs and Extended Support Question

  • From: <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:21:39 -0600

Yeah me too - it would be nice to have a matrix readily available. :)
Basically this is what I sent up the chain:

Basically, it boils down to this:  If a patch comes out for a product that is
in EXTENDED SUPPORT status, then you can only download that patch if you have
EXTENDED SUPPORT.

Any patches that came out prior to the software being moved to extended support
are still enabled for download.

Chris

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25290_01/doc.60/e25224/patchesupdates.htm

What is Extended Support?
Some patches require an Extended Support contract from Oracle for permission to
download the patch. Without an Extended Support contract, you can view the
patch details and patch readme file for an Extended Support patch but you
cannot download the Extended Support patch.
You can find out more about Extended Support at:
http://www.oracle.com/us/support/lifetime-support/index.html

FAQ for Products in Extended Support [ID 757445.1]
Why can't I download an Extended Support patch?
The Support Identifier(s), or CSI(s), specified in your profile in My Oracle
Support does not have an Extended Support contract associated with it.
If you attempt to download an Extended Support patch, you will receive an error:

"You do not have the required access privilege to download this patch"
Please also refer to
Note
1269292.1<https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id69292.1>
 - How Patches and Updates Entitlement Works
What needs to be done to address an Extended Support patch restriction?
Either a) add a CSI with Extended Support for your product to your profile in
My Oracle Support, or b) purchase Extended Support for the CSI with your
product that is currently listed in your profile in My Oracle Support.  If you
have another CSI with Extended Support for your product that is not currently
listed in your profile, please add this CSI to your profile and check to see if
you are able to download the patch.

If you have any questions or need assistance with investigating your account
for Extended Support or purchasing Extended Support, please submit a
non-technical Service Request with Oracle Support (refer to next question
below).

Chris