PL/SQL - Native Compilation - C Compilers

  • From: "Larry Elkins" <elkinsl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:29:46 -0600

Listers,

Have any of you used PL/SQL NCOMP in the Windows 2000/XP environment, and
used a compiler other than the Visual C++ 6.0 one?

I'm wanting to play around with PL/SQL Native Compilation. Windows 2000 and
XP Professional, both 9iR2 and 10g on each machine. It looks like the only
*supported* C compiler is MS Visual C++ 6.0 (I came across a few papers
saying that the supported compilers would be the same as the supported
compilers for Pro*C, and that's the only compiler listed on Metalink as
supported for Pro*C in my environments). I also read, though, that some
people do indeed use non-supported compilers. Those references, though, were
to UNIX variants. So, have any of you used PL/SQL NCOMP in the Windows
environment, and used a compiler other than the Visual C++ 6.0 one? I'd
prefer a free one as this is simply experimenting on my own private machines
;-)

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl@xxxxxxxxx