RE: * Oracle / SQL Server DBA Needed in St. Louis, MO

  • From: "Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:19:21 -0600

Interesting question; I have an MS in technology, but I don't think it
had any influence on the decision to hire me.  This might sound
counterintuitive, but in my experience as a team lead, those folks who
applied for DBA positions with MS degrees were either a) looking to get
into a new field, or b) had no real substantial experience in the real
world.

Having said that, I don't see how having an MS degree can hurt you,
provided you are applying for the 'right' position.

- Chris