Re: * Oracle / SQL Server DBA Needed in St. Louis, MO

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:02:12 -0600 (CST)

> Wow!  Good luck finding that skillset in that salary range.

I have to confess that with my lowly AD in "Data Processing" (another from
my class is/was on this list, too), I have no idea what benefit a Masters
degree would be to a company looking to hire a DBA.  Other than perhaps to
weed out -- appropriately or not -- "lesser" candidates in an economical
time when there may be more DBAs looking for employment.

Good thing my current company didn't have that requirement.  My wife's the
one with the Masters...  :)

Rich