Re: Oracle Forms freezing/hanging

  • From: David Robillard <david.robillard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:48:08 -0400

Hello Allen,

> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:23:47 -0700
>
> Hi List, I just wanted to give you all a heads up in case you ever work with
> Oracle Forms (I think this may apply for Oracle Apps/EBS too) that if you
> have users that frequently have problems with the forms freezing up on them,
> it may be an issue with Java running on dual-core CPUs.

Thanks for posting this information. We also have freezing issues with
our Oracle Application Server's Forms application. We're running
version 10.1.2.3.0 with Java JRE 1.6_21.

> I've been struggling with this for months and tried several different
> versions of Java, IE and even Firefox along with everything else we could
> think of and in multiple cases, the only solution I've found is either
> disabling one of the CPU cores, or (preferably) setting processor affinity
> for the java.exe process.  You can do this temporarily through the Windows
> Task Manager, or you can make it persistent by downloading the imagecfg
> program from the link below and running it like this:
> imagecfg.exe -a 0x1 "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"

We will try this solution. Thanks again!

> http://www.robpol86.com/index.php/ImageCFG
>
> I also found a few other users experiencing the same issue and an Oracle
> employee confirming it in the Oracle forums here:
>
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID 29403&tstart`

Can you please re-post your original URL for this forum thread? I
can't seem to be able to repair it.

> Note that the Oracle rep suggests running the latest versions of Forms, IE
> and Java as a possible solution, however I tried that and it didn't help.

Yeah, that's what they told us too. We're currently installing Oracle
Fusion Middleware 11g.

> Hopefully this will help someone else avoid the months of frustration I've
> had with this problem.
>
> Regards,
> Brandon

Cheers,