Re: Oracle Financials

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 16:25:42 +0000

Before we go too far down this route it's worth considering how one would
design an application back in the days when customers didn't have access to
declarative referential integrity, PL/SQL was new and the cutting edge
version of the database was marketed with an added cost "transaction
processing option". Queries were 'optimized' using a set of rules and the
number of concurrent users was frequently less than 20. Even the decision
not to normalize when normalization meant you had to do your own data
integrity wasn't as terrible as it might have been.

None of the above should of course excuse SOA :)

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA