Re: Oracle Export Error ( 9.2.0.6 on Solaris 2.9)

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oratips@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 02:08:23 -0400

On 03/31/2007 11:45:18 AM, Bala wrote:

> Errors in file /oraadmin/NVUATDB/udump/nvuatdb_ora_8978.trc:
> ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [FFFFFFFF7E6878FC] [SIGBUS]
> [Invalid address alignment] [0x457863657074696F] [] []

Of course, if you take a look into ML ORA-7445 tool, you will see that
the first question you have to answer is the function in which the exception
occurred. To find that out, it might be a good idea to actually look into the
trace file. There are some trace files that will actually freeze you upon
looking
into them, so called Gorgon trace files, but those are mostly ORA-600 traces.
Yours is ORA-7445, so it should be safe to look into. I am sure that there are
guys with crystal balls on this list who will be able to properly diagnose
the problem without looking into the available information, but I still advise
looking into the trace files, ORA-7445 tool on Metalink and opening a TAR (SR).

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com