Re: Oracle 11 install wants to use Oracle 10 oraInventory

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JDunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:17:17 +0100

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 8:56 AM, John Dunn <JDunn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am installing Oracle 11 database release 2 on a server where 10G is
> already installed.
>
> I am specifying different paths for the Oracle 11 install...but when the
> install starts it tries to write to the Oracle 10 oraInventory directory.
>
> How can I get it to create the oraInventory under the path I have
> specified for the Oracle 11 install?

Hi,

On Linux OUI is looking for inventory in /etc/oraInst.ora (in other
systems it can be /var/oracle)

[oracle@piorovm ~]$ cat /etc/oraInst.loc
inventory_loc=/u01/app/oraInventory
inst_group=oinstall

You can edit that file and change inventory_loc to other location.

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com