Re: Oracle 10g Rel2 - SYSMAN Tablespace Growing

  • From: joel.wittenmyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:46:09 -0500

Look at the indexes in for the AWR tables. They grow and never shrink in 10. You will have to write a simple procedure to rebuild or coalesce them on a regular basis.

Dear DBAs,

        I have disabled the SM/AWR and SM/OPTSTAT. But still SYSAUX is
growing. Can anyone help me to find out why it is still growing

select SNAP_INTERVAL,RETENTION,TOPNSQL from DBA_HIST_WR_CONTROL;

SNAP_INTERVAL                     RETENTION                     TOPNSQL
+40150 00:00:00.000000    +01 00:00:00.000000            30

SELECT occupant_name, space_usage_kbytes FROM V$SYSAUX_OCCUPANTS;
OCCUPANT_NAME    SPACE_USAGE_KBYTES
SM/AWR              829,760
SM/OPTSTAT          498,816

Best Regards,
M.Moovarkku Mudhalvan
E-mail disclaimer:
This message is confidential; its contents do not constitute a
commitment by AXA NON-LIFE INSURANCE CO LTD except where provided for in
a written agreement between you and the Company. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender immediately.