Re: OpenSource : MySQL or Postgress

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>, "LiShan Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:04:13 +0800

"Ours not to reason why,  ours not to make reply"  when the people making
decisions decide by $$$  more than by technical considerations.
You can object, protest, delay  .... but it is inevitable.

Hemant

At 08:38 PM Tuesday, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco wrote:
Is true, but I ask myself, if is better to start in a "new" sql
language, or to spread data across three  database. Or is a bad idea?
Maybe mysql is better, but I would try to use oracle as much as I can
to avoid learning techniques and bugs related to another specific
database.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l