RE: OTTOTOT: Fantastic reviews

  • From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 04:26:57 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen,

how would yo update the book, when odd versinos of the software some feature is
always broken and
in the next even version that gets fixed but a 3 version old bug creeps again?

It better be a e-book and I hope Wolfgang likes to write books. I must however
mention that he
explains things rather well.

Raj

--- "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Isn't 10053 just 10046 on level 7? (10046+7=10053). Just kidding.
> Yeah, a book like that would be more then needed, because CBO is
> a very complex topic. Tom Kyte, in his "Effective Design" book has
> some very good tips and tricks about CBO, but there are no papers
> specifying exactly how to read it. Wolfgang has a spectacular paper
> about 10053 and CBO on his Centrex page. I doubt that  10053 per se
> would be enough for a book, but combined with Steve Adams style insight
> in the entrails of the CBO and explanation of testing methodology,
> that would be more then enough.

=====
Best Regards
Raj