Re: OT: vote early, vote often...

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:22:02 -0400

This is not a policy comment on obama care and I'm not looking to debate
it, all I can say is that alot of this was developed near where I used to
work and some of my managers new some of the managers who worked on that
one. Also, I found it interesting to look at job adds in november/december
to see what was going on. They were specifically looking for people who
understood locking issues and it sounded like they had alot of 'transction
control issues and denormalization issues' since they had issues running
reports. So my guess is they had the same data in lots of tables and
committed/rolled back after 1 insert/update/delete so the data didn't get
distributed correctly. Just a guess...

I can picture mark at a senate hearing with the lawyers in congress giving
a lecture on how to code with a DB. Would be nice to get an IT professional
in Congress.

Not looking to debate the merits of the policy. This is not a political
forum and I am not claiming to even be a republican. Though I'd probably
support Mark just because it would be nice to have one IT guy in congress.