Re: DB12c in Production?

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:25:39 -0400

Slightly off topic, but related question... In 11g Oracle started
recommended that we have a separate Grid and Oracle Home. In 11g, I didn't
see a good reason to do this. Seemed like extra cluster. Oracle often makes
changes like this as part of a phased in change in later releases.

I am wondering if people see more use for the grid home in 12c? Might work
better with the pluggable DB option.

I admitted have not spent a lot of time looking at 12c. I don't expect to
use it at all for atleast 1-2 years minimum.