RE: OT - Opinions on workload

  • From: "Amaral, Rui" <Rui.Amaral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx'" <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>, 'Oracle-L List' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 09:44:21 -0400

I agree with Chris to some extent on that. Have a dba "on-call" throughout the
day with some one in the office that can support the devlopers and end-users
but it's tough to determine the extent of the workload without actually knowing
what type of workload is going to happen - say like some major revisions might
require more involved support in which case having someone on  an "on-call"
basis won't work (ie., one takes care of the heavy duty stuff while the other
deals with the day to day or minor stuff). If it's minor work then it should be
fine.

However, you also mention security in your comments. I am going through some
audit stuff right now and a few things come to mind. If you have audit
considerations to deal with then you would need to have at least 2 people -
since no one individual should have 2 or more critical functions to administer
(SOX section 404). Also if one is sick or on vacation (do we still have that
;-P?) then having a second person to cover off who can deal with some of the
critical functions is ideal  which makes it now 3 individuals. This is just an
assumption on my part though so take it what you will.

Just some thoughts.

Rui

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized
use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal
for instructions.
AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié.
Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière
d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.