Re: O/S Choice for Database Servers

  • From: Thomas Roach <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:13:53 -0500

In one of the previous places I worked one of the managers was very pro
Microsoft/SQL Server. I asked him why? He said because Windows admins and
SQL admins cost less.

I guess it goes to show that sometimes you do get what you pay for. If you
hire the cheapest admin you can find, you are most likely  going to have a
system (Windows, Linux, SQL, Oracle, DB2 etc...) that is not properly
maintained.

In many cases the system gets blamed when it is just a function of poor
management.

--
Thomas Roach
813-404-6066