Re: O/S Choice for Database Servers

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:39:03 -0600

Well, the issue I have with windows is the overhead.  I have to agree that a
well managed Windows server will run just as well as a well managed Linux
server, but there are more wasted resources on windows server, especially
Memory.  It takes a lot of RAM and CPU just to run the Windows environment
that is not required for Linux/Unix.

--
Andrew W. Kerber