Re: ORA-12547 : TNS lost contact

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:52:41 +0200

This error can be caused by Oracle using 2GB of memory on windows.
I saw from your previous mail that you are using windows advance server.
use: pslist oracle -m
to find out how much Virtual Memory (VM) Oracle is using.
We had the same problem a few days ago and pslist showed that oracle is using about 2GB.

You can increase the VM to 3GB. see Note:225349.1.
You can download pslist from : www.sysinternals.com/

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Onkar N Tiwary wrote:

*ORA-12500 : TNS listener unable to start dedicated server process*
now we are planning for the re-installation of oracle using the method :

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l