% Negation Character

  • From: "Guerrero, Citlali (GE, Corporate, consultant)" <citlali.guerrero@xxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:39:51 -0500

Hi Folks,

I'm migrating from Sybase to Oracle, on Sybase I had a function with and update:

   update XYZ
   set flag = flag &~4589
Now on Sybase "~" character is used as negative character, so the query do this (on sybase): Update the table XYZ on the Flag column with the bitand beteewn flag and 4589 if the binary bit corresponding to this value is not ON ...

How can I do this on Oracle?? I mean is there any negation character on oracle similiar to ~ on Sybase?? I been searching but I still don't find anything helpful, could someone advice about this??

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers, Citlali