Re: % Negation Character

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citlali.guerrero@xxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:41:40 -0400

Citiali,

Check out the bitand function.  There's a pretty good write up about how the
function can be used here:  *http://tinyurl.com/2jz5z*

On 6/15/07, Guerrero, Citlali (GE, Corporate, consultant) <
citlali.guerrero@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Folks,

    I'm migrating from Sybase to Oracle, on Sybase I had a function with
and update:

    update XYZ
    set flag = flag &~4589

   Now on Sybase "~" character is used as negative character, so the
query do this (on sybase): Update the table XYZ on the Flag column with
the bitand beteewn flag and 4589 if the binary bit corresponding to this
value is not ON ...

  How can I do this on Oracle?? I mean is there any negation character
on oracle similiar to ~ on Sybase?? I been searching but I still don't
find anything helpful, could someone advice about this??

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers, Citlali

Rumpi Gravenstein