Re: NLS parameters

  • From: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: knightjck_work@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:44:22 +0300

For 10.2 exepress on my laptop adding a new string NLS_DATE_FORMAT
under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/KEY_XE with value YYYY-MM-DD
changed my default DD-MON-YY (which BTW is rather ambiguous at least
for me ;)

For my work PC adding the same under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/HOME1 did the same thing. And my
ALL_HOMES/LAST_HOME has value 1, so probably you added under wrong
home.

And one more thing - you can get new value only after reconnect.

Gints