Re: Loading data usng External Tables

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:38:42 +0200

The tests were done on a Linux VMWare machine, running on a single CPU pc (a
dell 600), configured with 1G or RAM, and a file-based disk. The DB used
ASM, with around 700M for the DB (SGA+stuff).
rgds

On 9/11/06, Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you plan to update this thread with you current findings? Also, what type and config of system did you get that measured 4% out of?

------------------------------ *From:* Ghassan Salem [mailto:salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx] *Sent:* Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:49 AM *To:* kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx *Cc:* oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Subject:* Re: Loading data usng External Tables

Kevin,

I cannot give you any numbers, but I've surely seen much better performance when loading from fixed format files.

If I got some time today, I'll do some tests and get back to you.

rgds