RE: Listener with mixed releases

  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:34:20 -0500

I wish I had kept a MetaLink and/or documentation article I ran across
once that states that the listener major version should match the DB
major version.  And we did run into problems trying to have one listener
dole out connections for both 8.1.7 and 9.2.0 DBs.  So, using in part
the explicit auto-registration techniques described here in another
thread, we have separate listeners, running of course on different
ports.

HTH!  GL!
Rich