Re: Listener with mixed releases

We have 9i listeners on Windows supporting both 8i and 9i databases.

On linux we have 10g listeners supporting 8i,9i and 10g databases.

Both old linux (RH 7.2 -0 very old) and new (RHEL 4 X86-64)

This has not caused any problems.

If you find that ML Note again, it would be an interesting read.

On 5/24/06, oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I wish I had kept a MetaLink and/or documentation article I ran across once that states that the listener major version should match the DB major version. And we did run into problems trying to have one listener dole out connections for both 8.1.7 and 9.2.0 DBs. So, using in part the explicit auto-registration techniques described here in another thread, we have separate listeners, running of course on different ports.

--
Jared Still