RE: Listener Vulnerabilities - how to address them

  • From: Tony Sequeira <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:47:34 +0100

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 13:33 -0400, Johnson, William L (TEIS) wrote:
> The password you are "awk"ing out of the listener.ora file is an
> encrypted password - it is not the clear text value you typed for the
> password.  Give it a try once.  Oracle 9i and 8i will accept the
> encrypted password in the set passwd command - 10g will not.

Thanks, I wrote that prior to receiving the followup with the link.

Also, unfortunately, I'm not on site, our regular team is busy, and I
have been given this task to research and make recommendations to be
passed on to our users.

I will give it a go when I'm able to.  I do not currently have any
databases I can play with.

Regards.
--
S. Anthony Sequeira