RE: Listener Vulnerabilities - how to address them

  • From: "Johnson, William L (TEIS)" <WLJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:52:55 -0400

If I am not mistaken, you can still password protect your listener and
then write a wrapper script around your listener commands that will
permit you to stop and start the listener through batch processes.  As
long as you take the time to ensure the listener.ora file is only
readable by the Oracle account - and no other accounts on the machine,
you should be good to go.

You can set the password for a listener command by picking up the
password out of the listener.ora file.