Re: Linux Native Multipath, ASM and Instance Failures

  • From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:41:03 +0200

Hi
Good timing, I was setting up multipath yesterday for 10.2.0.4 ASM on 3PAR
and Device Mapper.

I have a doubt, how did you fdisk the disk, did you use /dev/mapper/* or
/dev/sd*? According to 3PAR doco we have to use /dev/sd* but I have always
used /dev/mapper/* then kpartx.

I noticed that in old storage, HP EVA, when I run iostat I can see that all
/dev/sd* corresponding to a /dev/mapper/ have activity but with 3PAR I only
see one of them active, can you try and see if you observe samething? I
dont know why it looks like this!

--
LSC