RE: Limitations of MSSQL Server Vs. Oracle OR simply otherwise limitations in general - OT

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:37:40 -0500

  doubt that Oracle lowered the price on it's RDBMS for mid to small
sized shops simply because of SQL*Server.  Face it an open source system
of PostGreSQL or MySql is cheaper than SQL*Server.  No Oracle's Platinum
price is too expensive for a lot of people, which is why they cut the
price tag.  Problem is that they didn't cut it enough.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA