Re: Is there some free way to encrypt Oracle network data in Windows

  • From: Steve Farmer <hts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:05:02 +0100

Hi

SqlNet definitely provides encryption.... you need to turn it on and add a common seed to the listener and each client

Quoting from OraFAQ

"Oracle provides built-in encryption packages.
and SQLNET encryption.
sql*net encryption is a widely credited mechanism.
All the traffic between the server and cleints can be encrypted.
MOST of the OBDC drivers that support oracle sql*net will also support encryption.
Though there are very few may not ( and these are custom built ODBC drivers).
So, please look into Oracle ADVANCED SECURITY OPTIONS.
If you already have oracle enterprise edition version 8i or above with ANO, u dont need anything additional.
All you need to to understand is need and add a certain parameters in your sqlnet.ora"

Regards
Steve
At 11:55 AM -0400 30/8/05, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco wrote:
Hi Eric, thanks, seems stunnel don't work with oracle.
http://www.stunnel.org/examples/oracle.html
On 8/30/05, Eric Lenio <eric@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 http://www.stunnel.org would probably work.

 Regards,
 Eric.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 09:57:03AM -0500, GBA-DBA wrote:
> I think that you can set that at listener level. Not sure.
>
> Regards
> GBA

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
-Abraham Lincoln, U.S. president (1809-1865)
Support free speech; visit http://www.efa.org.au/

Heads Together Software Pty Ltd http://www.hts.com.au Email: hts@xxxxxxxxxx Tel: +44 7985 602 102