Re: Is there an option for insert statements/DML to be captured similar to DDLs generated with import imp show=y

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:12:07 -0400

Thanks list. Mathias is right: It is not about capturing running SQLs
in the DB but instead about converting the data in the dmp file into
insert statements required to "load" that data into a table. Sorry if
my question was confusing. I was reading about the option imp show=y
with which you can eliminate import errors that arise due to DDL
commands failing during import run. Lets consider this example. I have
a dump exp.dmp I run imp system/manager file=exp.dmp . I receive an
error. The error is: create table emp failed. Now I use imp
system/manager file=exp.dmp show=y and it gives me the DDL for "create
table emp". I use this create table emp on sqlplus and create the
table. Since the table is created, the next step is to load data. To
load data to emp table, is imp system/manager file=exp.dmp full=y the
only option ? or is there a way to generate "insert into emp" from the
exp.dmp(similar to generating DDLs with show=y). Looks like it is not
possible. Basically the idea was to identify any other possibility if
import gets "insert into emp" errors. Many Thanks once again.